Thursday, December 3, 2015

A Sort of Salute

So I'm feeling a little insecure. There are officially three days until exams at my university. Am I nervous? "No" was my answer until my class started presenting final projects. Natalie's was awesome from Tuesday, and it inspired me to work hard on mine. But then everyone who went today impressed me to the point I became nervous.

 
I'm still nervous. It was like everyone became a teacher and knew exactly what future students would want. It makes sense: we're all students ourselves. And while I think we all enjoy the class as it already it, we are individuals; we want to change things that will appeal more to us. For example, some presenters wanted to use Tumblr as platforms for the classroom other than Blackboard; making the class online. Others (I'm sorry I don't remember who went--it's been a long week) created whole new syllabuses with inventive new projects I never would have thought of. Everyone was super creative; I want to take those classes!
 
I might sound like a nervous wreck, but I'm actually not. I'm just really impressed with everyone. I knew they were smart people--everyone in my classes are smart-- but people never cease to amaze me. And while I'm confident I won't do badly on the project, since time and again when I thought and others have thought we would do terrible we actually do great, there's still a nagging I'll be all
 
 
while everyone else is like 
 
I'm probably worrying over nothing. Even so, you, my dear classmates, are awesome! I salute you.
 






No comments:

Post a Comment